The Crecora Manister Club is one of the smallest clubs in the county of Limerick but also one of the oldest clubs. Its beginnings go back to 1885. Its founder members included Edward Dundon, the first captain, James Lyons, the first Secretary and T. Lyons who was the first treasurer.
The club was extinct at various points throughout its history, had separate teams at various times and was amalgamated with other clubs such as Crecora with Mungret and Manister with Banogue.
The club has existed in its current form since 1968 and was initially a Junior Club. The story of the underage club is a more recent one which has been made possible by an increase in population.
The club originally played their games on the field where the current pitch is which was then owned by the McCarthys. From 1952 to 1986 they played in Dave Lewis’s field. When Dave died the Club spent the next couple of years trying to acquire a suitable site. During this time the club used the ‘sportfields’ belonging to Ned and Kathleen Punch between Crecora and Kilpeacon Cross for training and played their games at a variety of locations including Mary Immaculate and Analog pitches.